Cleveland OH ENT

ENT Bert Brown Cleveland

Choosing a Cleveland OH ENT, Hearing Specialist or Audiologist

ENT?  Hearing Specialist: Audiologist? Is it confusing?  It doesn’t take long to find out that buying hearing aid is not like buying an appliance or a new television set.

Instead of centering your focus on hearing aids, start your search for the provider who you feel you can you can trust.  Your whole satisfaction with the purchase will be determined by their capacity to:

1. recognize that your relationship with the professional you choose will be a long-term relationship; and,

2. choose the right hearing device for your needs; and,

3. provide complete follow-up care

The three types of hearing professionals are:

Ear Nose and Throat Doctors ( ENTs) are doctors who concentrate on the ear, nose and throat disorders.

Hearing Aid Specialists typically have a two-year degree or six months to two years of supervised training.  They may; in addition, have national certification.

Audiologists have graduate degrees (Au. D. or Ph. D.) and have completed more than 1000 hours of clinical training, have passed national and sometimes state tests.

In your search be smart. Its okay to ask family and friends for their recommended referrals.